Our guests and their friends and families are our first priority. Our policies are intended to benefit all of our guests and it is our primary policy to help you and all of our guests enjoy yourself and have a fun, safe and memorable stay with us. If you have any questions regarding any policy, please do not hesitate to ask us.
Check-in time begins at 3:00 p.m. Check-out time ends at 11:00 a.m.
If possible, we will strive to accommodate earlier check-in or later check-out but an additional charge may apply, will depend upon circumstances, and should be pre-arranged with the Buckeye Tree Lodge.
There are patio and picnic tables and chairs on the lawn as well as charcoal barbeques (BBQ's) available to guests on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will provide charcoal for a small fee.
Please keep in mind that we border Sequoia National Park and are in a fire-prone area so there may be restrictions or prohibitions on open fires at any time. Also, please refrain from using any of the numerous, beautiful Buckeye trees, oak trees, manzanitas, sycamores or other trees on our grounds as firewood.
We border beautiful Sequoia National Park and therefore wild animals are common in the area (they ignore the Sequoia National Park boundary). We even like bears, but discourage their presence on our property, so we strive to maintain clean premises and highly recommend that you do not leave food in your automobile. We will not be responsible if Smokey the Bear or his buddy decides to open your car to remove any food you left in it. We also will not be responsible for your health or welfare if you foolishly attempt to feed Smokey the Bear or any other wild animal.
We are environmentally responsible and strive to conserve water, energy and other resource use where practicable. We also encourage recycling and provide recycling bins for your use.
Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Exceptions may be made where one party reserves all of the cottages and chalets (weddings, parties, etc.) and pre-arrangements are made with the Buckeye Tree Lodge. We do not tolerate rude or rowdy behavior or disturbance of the peace and enjoyment of other guests, especially during quiet hours.
No smoking is ever permitted in any room, although you may smoke outside if you properly dispose of your butt. Any violation of this policy will result in a minimum service charge of $100 to clean the room - no exceptions.
Theft, damage or misuse will result in a charge to clean, replace or repair damage or lost articles.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Guests generating excessive or unreasonable noise, bothering other guests or engaging in unsafe or destructive behavior will be asked to stop or leave immediately and will not receive any refund of lodging fees.
We allow pets but require adherence to the following pet policies:
1. Pets are not to be left alone in your room unless in a portable kennel and only if the pet does not whine, howl or make excessive noise.
2. Pets must be kept on a leash when outside.
3. Pets are not permitted to pee on our landscape plants. It has a toxic effect and kills plants. We have a huge grassy lawn or gravel parking and driving areas which are well-suited for pet business.
4. Onwers must clean up after their pets. Plastic bags are available free from the office.
5. Pets are NOT allowed in the pools. If your pet really must swim in water, the Kaweah River is just below the grassy lawn and literally is our back yard.
6. No more than 3 pets per room.
7. Pets may not be left unattended in cars.
8. There are many nearby places to walk a pet, including our grounds and nearby public areas (Sequoia National Park, Bureau of Land Management Land and Sequoia National Forest). We are familiar with each agency's policies or you may contact each agency directly for their restrictions and other information.